Semi-Private shore excursion in Athens from Piraeus cruise port offer similar features as our Private Shore Excursions. So, what is the difference?
The difference is that you will share a luxurious fully air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle with a maximum of 16 passengers, including a state licensed tour guide, who will escort you inside the archaeological sites and museum.
Semi-Private Shore Excursion in Athens (Piraeus) are only for passengers from the Cruise Ships docking in Piraeus cruise port. We will pick you up and drop you off at the cruise ship pier.
Highlights of the Athens Semi Private Shore Excursion from Piraeus Port
- Athens the cradle of western civilization
- The Acropolis; The symbol of democracy
- The Parthenon; The most famous monument on earth
- The Kallimarmaro Panathenaic ancient Olympic stadium
- The temple of Zeus
- The parliament, the change of the guards and the constitution square
- Lycabettus hill with its breathtaking view of Athens
- A professional expert English speaking tour driver
Itinerary of the shared Shore Excursion in Athens
The Acropolis, the Parhenon, Propylea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechthion, the Cariatides, the Temple of Olympic Zeus, the Panathenaic Stadium (known as The Kallimarmaro; known for the first modern Olympic games in 1896), the Lycabettous Hill, the ex royal Palace, the Academy, the National Library, the First University of Athens, the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier, the Change of the guards, free time in Plaka for lunch and shopping, and at the end the Acropolis museum.
- Size: Small, minimum 6 and maximum 16 passengers
- Departures: May till October
- Type: Cultural
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Departs from/ drop off: Piraeus cruise port
- Activity Level: Moderate
- Recommended Dress: We recommend weather appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Pick up time: proposed 07:30. We will finalize it according your cruise ship arrival.
- Restrictions: Collections from cruise ship terminals are agreed to, and will take place at the time indicated on the voucher. Maximum waiting time will be twenty (20) minutes after the time mentioned on the voucher or the agreed time. If you miss the minibus please contact the emergency numbers so as to give you directions on how you will meet the group in the city center. You will have to pay the transportation expenses on your own to the city center of Athens.
Price: 65€ per Person
- Luxurious air-conditioned minibus and driver
- State licensed English speaking tour guide
- Food and drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance fees, 30 Euros in total for the archaeological sites in Athens (Acropolis, Propylea, the temple of Athens Niki, the Parthenon, Erechtheon, Temple of Zeus), and 5 Euros for the New Acropolis Museum.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) do not pay entrance fees.
- Lunch in Plaka is optional
- On Mondays the New Acropolis Museum is closed (Only during winter). Therefore it is replaced by the National Archaeological Museum, the largest museum in Greece and one of the most important museums in the world.
- Minimum number of people (6 guests). If there is not enough participation (minimum 6 guests) then you will be notified 15-10 days before the tour and you can book an alternative tour, or find tour mates while on ship and form a group, and if you do not want any of it, then you will get a full refund. If you will not be notified then it means that the tour will take place as initially planned.
Semi Private Shore Excursion in Athens (Piraeus) cancellation policy
- Shared tour bookings canceled up to 15 days prior to the agreed date and time receive a full refund.
- 100% cancellation fees apply for any tour bookings canceled within the last 15 days prior to the arrival date.
- Your tour is completely refundable if your ship is unable to get into port or due to weather or any other cancellations.
Redemption and Voucher Details
After you complete your booking, and payment by your credit card (30 Euro per person deposit and the balance cash on tour departure) will be charged and you will receive automatically a receipt in your e mail. Our cruise excursion expert will ‘hand’-review your shore excursion selections against your cruise itinerary to confirm compatibility.
You will receive a voucher within 72 hours of your booking from athenstaxitours.org which confirms your booking and instructions for our meeting in Piraeus cruise port. Please print these vouchers and bring them with you on your cruise. The vouchers feature information regarding how to meet up with the tour leader upon arrival to a port and other important details.