Many of our clients are visiting Athens just for a few hours or for a day waiting to check in their hotel or cruise ship. We have designed this private tour to give you an interesting and joyful solution to spent your time in Athens!
Athens International Airport is 38 Km from Athens city center and 53 Km (high way) from Piraeus port cruise terminal.
Check in at hotels starts at 14:00 and in most of the cruise lines check in starts after 15:00.
This embark or disembark private tour in Athens is a half day tour with a visit to the Acropolis and the best memorials of Athens. An Athens classic tour, designed mainly for those visitors embarking or disembarking from a cruise ship at the port of Piraeus!
Highlights of the Embark / Disembark tour
- 4 hour private tour of Athens highlights
- Specially designed for visitors embarking or disembarking from their cruise ship at Piraeus Port
- Transfer from / to the airport of Athens (El. Venizelos International Airport) or to/from Piraeus port
- Experience the best memorials of Athens (Acropolis, Plaka, Monastiraki, Lycabettus Hill)
- English-speaking experienced tour driver
A private tour, designed in a way that everything is planned to cover your needs and accommodate you in the most relaxing and comfortable private way:
- If you embark; we’ll collect you from the customs exit at Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” and we will drive through the suburbs of Athens to the city center, for a private tour to the best memorials of Athens.
- If you disembark; we’ll collect you from the customs exit hall at your ship pier, enjoy the monuments and neighborhood of Athens and after we finish with your private tour, we will drive to Athens airport, or your hotel in Athens.
- Drop off: at your hotel, Piraeus cruise terminal, or Athens International airport in time for check in.
Description of the private tour in Athens
The Acropolis of Athens, Greece
This tour starts upon arrival at the Athens Airport or your disembarkation at the port of Piraeus. Depending on the size of your group we can accommodate you either a 4, 10 or 17 seats private vehicle. After a short drive of through the picturesque quarters of the town we will be reaching the city center, visiting the city of Athens, the cradle of Western Civilization and the Parthenon on the Acropolis, regarded by many as the symbol of Democracy. Experience an Athens taxi tour, which blends together many of the city’s principal modern and classical sights.
Your Athens taxi tour begins with a visit to the site of some of the most exquisite pieces of architecture in the world, the world-renowned Acropolis of Athens. Among the many monuments to be found atop its rocky base, you will have the chance to experience first hand the magnificent Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion with its famous Porch of Maidens.
The Panathenian Kallimarmaro stadium of Athens, Greece
This Athens private tour includes an overview of the modern city and its striking contrasts to the remains of its glorious past. Our Athens tours driver will drive by the Monument of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House on Constitution Square (also known as Syntagma Square) and the Panathenian Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896). See vistas of the Presidential Mansion (formerly the Royal Palace), governmental buildings, and elegant private residences. Continuing, drive along Panepistimiou Avenue where you can view the Catholic Cathedral, the “Neoclassical Trilogy,” (Academy, University, National Library). Afterwards, your Athens taxi tour driver will take you to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s arch, two of the most famous and elegant monuments from the Roman period of Athens.
Don’t miss the chance to discover Athens’ neighborhoods and some of the most famous sites in the world, which no one can show you as we can!
The biggest temple in ancient Greece. The temple of Zeus in Athens Greece
Finally after the end of the tour in Athens, we will take you to your cruise ship at the Port of Piraeus or to the Athens Airport to catch your flight back home.