Experience this Greece private tour to central and northern Greece departing from Athens for Delhi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, Kavala, and Thermopylae with Greece tours.
Highlights of the 5 Charming Days Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki & Kavala Tour
- The oracle of Delph
- he Byzantine monasteries of Meteora
- The grave of Philip the 2nd, father of Alexander the great in Vergina
- Pella the capital of ancient Macedonia
- The capital of north Greece, Thessaloniki
- The Monte Carlo of North Greece
- Thermopylae, the legendary 300 Spartans
Day 1: Athens – Arachova – Delphi – Amphisa – Lamia – Trikala – Meteora
Athens taxi tours will drive us through LEVADIA and ARACHOVA (famous for its bright multi-colored carpets). Our Greece private tour continues arriving in DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Visit the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique Bronze Charioteer of Delphi, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian Treasure House in Delphi. In Delphi visit the Temple of Apollo. Lunch in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the meeting place of the Greek jet set in winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus. In the afternoon we continue this Greece private tour departing to KALAMBAKA. Drive through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA, and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. We will overnight by the foot of the breathtaking Meteora.
Day 2: Meteora – Kalambaka – Thessaloniki
Our Greece private taxi tour continues, in the morning with a visit to the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks.
The most important monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Holy Monastery of Varlaam is the second largest monastery after the Great Meteoro.
- The Holy Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but consecrated to Saint Barbara.
- The Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first we will come across on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Holy Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most easily accessible, as one does not have to climb innumerable steps to reach it.
- The Monastery of the Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
After lunch, Athens Taxi will start the drive to Thessaloniki passing by the towns Vergina to reach Thessaloniki the capital of north Greece late in the afternoon. Transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Thessaloniki – Pella – Vergina – Veria – Kavala
Breakfast and our Greece private tour will continue in the morning. We will drive to PELLA, to visit Alexander the Great’s capital. Continue our sightseeing to VERGINA via VERIA to visit the tomb of KING PHILLIP II and the famous “VERGINA TREASURES’’. We’ll take now the way to Kavala passing by THESSALONIKI. In the afternoon we will arrive in Kavala. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Kavala, the small Monte Carlo.
Today Athens taxi tours driver will take us to KAVALA. A POLE OF ATTRACTION!!! Writers & travelers have called KAVALA «the small Monte Carlο. » And they weren’t wrong.
Owing to the amphitheatrically of the city, the prefecture of Kavala, the ancient Neapolis, has been a pole of attraction for tourists for its 2,500 years of history. The harmonious coexistence of modern with the old, the blend of mountain and sea, the varied cultural events, which are held in modern and ancient theaters, and the opportunities it offers for several excursions to such places as in the nearby bright green island of Thasos and the archaeological area of Philippi, all make it a tourist favorite destination. It has always been at the crossroads of culture and a stop for great travelers and army leaders, from Philip II, Alexander the Great, and Mark Antony to Apostle Paul, who arrived in Neapolis to preach the Christian faith in Europe. Additionally, we can visit the castles & the museums (Archaeological Museum, Municipal Museum, the castle of Kavala, the citadel at Philippi, the castle at Palaiochori, Anaktoroupoli at Nea Peramos, the tower at Apollonia, the castle at Orfani). Overnight in Kavala.
Day 5: Kavala – Thessaloniki – Katerini – Tempi valley – Thermopylae – Athens
After breakfast our Athens taxi tours driver will travel us back to Athens through Thessaloniki, Katerini, Tempi mountains, the towns of Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, Larisa and visit Thermopylae, (hot gates) where Leonidas and the 300 Spartans gave the famous battle against the Persians.