Experience this Greece tour starting from Athens and visit, Delphi the most celebrated site in antiquity, Meteora high rocks and it’s Byzantine monasteries , standing between earth, wind and sky, Vergina place of Alexander the great and his father Philip, Dion the entrance to mount Olympus, Thessaloniki the capital of north Greece with its many beauty, and Thermopylae the sacred hot gates that the 300 Spartans with their king Leonidas stud against many to defend their country.
Highlights of the Four Days Greece tour to Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki
- The oracle of Delph
- The Byzantine monasteries of Meteora
- The grave of Philip the 2nd, father of Alexander the great in Vergina
- Pella the capital of ancient Macedonia
- The capital of north Greece, Thessaloniki
- Thermopylae, the legendary 300 Spartans
Itinerary of the four (4) days Mount Olympus Delphi Meteora and Macedonia private tour: Delphi , Meteora, Vergina, Pella, Thessaloniki, Dion, Thermopylae
Description of the Four (4) days Delphi Meteora and Thessaloniki private tour
Day 1: Athens – Arachova – Delphi – Kalambaka – Meteora
Athens taxi tours will drive us through LEVADIA and ARACHOVA (famous for its bright multicolored carpets). Our Greece private tour continues until we arrive in DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Visit the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique Bronze Charioteer of Delphi, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian Treasure House in Delphi. In Delphi visit the Temple of Apollo. Lunch in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the meeting place of the Greek jet set in winter, built on the southern slopes of Mt. Parnassus. In the afternoon we continue this private tour departing with Athens taxi tours for KALAMBAKA. Drive through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISA, LAMIA and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. We will overnight by the foot of the breathtaking Meteora.
Day 2: Meteora- Katerini – Thessaloniki
Our Greece private tour continues in the morning with a visit to the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks.
The monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second largest monastery after the Great Meteoro.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but consecrated to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first we will come across on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most easily accessible as one does not have to climb innumerable steps to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
After lunch Athens taxi tours will drive to Thessaloniki through the Tempi Mountains and the town of Katerini to reach Thessaloniki the capital of north Greece late in the afternoon. On arrival, transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Thessaloniki – Pella – Vergina – Lefkadia – Veria
In the morning, our Greece private taxi tour will continue on to visit PELLA, Alexander the Great’s capital. Continue our sightseeing to VERGINA to visit the tomb of the KING PHILLIP and the famous ‘’VERGINA TREASURES’’. Then our Athens taxi tours driver will head on to LEFKADIA where you visit the excavations. We’ll return to THESSALONIKI via VERIA. In the afternoon, visit the most interesting museum of THESSALONIKI and sightseeing of the city. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Thessaloniki – Dion – Katerini – Thermopylae – Athens
After breakfast our Athens taxi tours driver will take us to visit the famous, sacred Macedonian town of DION. After lunch we continue this private taxi tour taking the way back to Athens through the towns of Katerini, the Tempi mountains, Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, Larisa and visit Thermopylae, where Leonidas and the 300 Spartans fell in the famous battle against the Persians.
You can customize this private tour at any time, either on the way together with your private chauffeur or in advance by contacting our Athens Taxi Tours team.