Experience this unique Meteora Private tour from Athens to central Greece. Visit the byzantine monasteries stand on the high rocks between land, wind, and sky!
Itinerary of Meteora full-day private tour: Anphisa, Lamia, Trikala, Kalambaka, Meteora, Kastraki, byzantine monasteries of Meteora
Highlights of Meteora full-day private tour
- the Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora
Description of the incredible 1-day private tour to Heavenly Meteora Greece
Begin our journey early in the morning touring with Yanni Athens Taxi Tours, through the towns of Central Greece, crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach Kalambaka and Meteora after approx. drive 4-1/2 hours. Visit the breathtaking METEORA and some of its Byzantine monasteries built on the top of high rocks standing between Sky earth & the wind.
The monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honored to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
- Read more about the monasteries of Meteora
Lunch in a traditional homemade Greek food restaurant by the feet of Meteora, and after our late lunch, we will start driving back to ATHENS.
You can customize this private tour at any time, either on the way together with your private chauffeur or in advance by contacting our Athens Taxi Tours team.